Sunday, December 30, 2007

Onwards and Eastwards

Things I am excited about:

1. The 10-day weather forecast for Goa
2. The beach resort we're staying at (for free) - check it out at 15°17'35.06"N, 73°54'34.69"E if you have Google Earth (which I just downloaded and am obsessed with)
3. The fabulous Engrish t-shirt from Japan that my sister snuck into my suitcase when I came back to Dubai, which has a picture of a crab on it and says: "THE CRAB PASSED THROUGH A HAND OF GOD. Break on through to the other side."

Things I am not excited about:

1. Spending another night on a plane (that'll be 2 out of the last 3 if you're counting)
2. Flying Air India ... what to do
3. My 3 AM layover in the Bombay airport (chaos + crankiness = dangerous J)

Things I am bemused about:

1. The fact that there were 7 people on my little 20-person commuter flight out of Nashville who were headed to the Gulf: a really sweet older woman whose daughter is an English teacher and undercover missionary in Qatar (haha, it's funny because she really is a missionary - cf. my last post), five crazy ex-military guys who are contractors for KBR in Iraq and were traveling via Dubai, and me. Who knew middle Tennessee had so many khaleeji connections?!

Happy New Year's, I'm back from Goa on the 6th!