Thursday, September 27, 2007

SHUT UP!









No really, shut up.
Guess who just booked tickets to go to Ethiopia for Eid?! That would be me, M, and New American Friend Al. Game ON!

We got a sweet deal on Ethiopian Airlines and it was actually much cheaper to fly to Africa than to closer destinations in the Middle East, since Eid's a peak travel weekend here. It's surprisingly feasible as a long weekend trip - under 4 hours direct flight from Dubai - and we'll have 4 full days and 3 nights which should be time to see Addis, Lalibela, and maybe even the Rift Valley Lakes if we're lucky (and if we manage to do anything besides stuff our faces with injera and doro wat).

I'm superexcited not only because I've been stalking Ethiopian culture/trivia for the better part of the past decade, but also because I think M & Al will be fabulous travel partners - the former having spent every summer of her life in Cairo plus 2 years doing Peace Corps in Bulgaria, and the latter being a foreign service brat who didn't even live in Amrika until college. So clearly, we will take the Horn (of Africa) by storm!

And on that note, I'm off to start my weekend - which will include 3 house parties tonight, wakeboarding on a friend's boat tomorrow, and going to the t-shirt printers at some point to pick up the "Sheikha In Training (SH.I.T.)" shirts that J & M and I are getting made for ourselves. Let me know if you'd like to pre-order one for when you come visit. ;-)