Saturday, September 29, 2007

Public Apology

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

from
K
to Me
date Sep. 28, 2007 10:25 PM
subject Are you CHALLENGING me?!

This, Piff, I feel is bordering on insult the likes of which our relationship has not seen since the [imagined] doubt of your knowledge of the Kashmir region:

"I'm superexcited not only because I've been stalking Ethiopian culture/trivia for the better part of the past decade..."

While this statement is not a direct challenge, I would ask you to remember your place in the hierarchy of Ethiopia Lovers. And it goes like this:

1. Me
2. Everyone else (incl. you)

And nothing, Piff--not going there, not MOVING there, not MARRYING Zera Yacob Amha Selassie, Crown Prince of Ethiopia--will change that.

Word.

K

PS. Am reading Homi Bhabha's "Of Mimicry and Man: The Ambivalence of Colonial Discourse", which starts with the fabulous sentence "The discourse of post-Enlightenment English colonialism often speaks in a tongue that is forked, not false. "

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

K, I stand corrected and I will dutifully accept my place below you on the hierarchy of Ethiopia Lovers. In return, I would like to ask that you never, ever doubt my knowledge of the Kashmir region again.

LOL. Only my friends... ("Piff," for the uninitiated, stands for "p!g fu*ker." We keep it real.)