Thursday, July 24, 2008

Off!

It's been a whirlwind 3 days of having Larry here and I have to say, it's been GREAT to have my two worlds collide (Lar and Eric are out picking up Applebee's takeaway together while I "pack," in fact) and have such important people in my life meet each other.

Tomorrow morning Lar and I are off to Jordan, and from there on out it's anyone's guess. Tentative itinerary/chronology is: Amman, Petra, Jericho, Ramallah, Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Tel Aviv, Haifa, Nazareth, Galilee, Jaffa, Eilat, Mount Sinai, Sharm Al Sheikh - although that is, of course, entirely subject to change at the discretion of border patrols/security situations/personal whim.

I am sure it's going to be a wonderful, epic, amazing trip, and I will try to blog a bit from the road - although Lar gets fussy when I spend more than 10 minutes in an internet cafe, so we'll see. Barring that, we're back in Dubai on 2 August provided neither of us comes down with Jerusalem syndrome, which - let's be honest - is not entirely improbable.

Peace/shalom/salaam!