Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Her Abaya is Like Soooooo Slutty Today

This is a very interesting and cogent article about how the Kabul embassy attack could affect the region. Read it if you share my newfound (enhanced?) concern for what's currently happening in Afghanistan.

In other news, we just got an email from our corporate HR department about office dress code. Please take a moment to enjoy the first line...

Ladies

Ø UAE National attire (avoid wearing tight Abayas).

Ø Formal business attire.

Ø Avoid wearing see-through clothes, low necklines shirts, skinny pants and tight and micro-mini skirts.

Ø T-shirts or shirts should cover at least the upper arm.

Ø Clothing that reveals too much cleavage is not appropriate for a place of business.

Avoid wearing tight abayas... LOVE IT!

And in other other news, I just had a long Thai lunch with my crazy Romanian colleague who I like to think of as "the Kaouthar of Dubai" (haha) where, over tom yum and glass noodles, she lectured me about how I'm not 20 anymore and I need to start assessing whether I could marry any man I date right from the beginning of the relationship, and how she knows I'm very emotional but I have to start being rational about men because "trust me, I used to be guided by emotions with guys, and look where it got me? 34 and not married!"

Chilling. Eastern Europeans are so scary, dude.

And fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinally, in 2 minutes I'm off to the LAST interview of my interminable 6ish-month re-job hunt. It's final rounds with some partners from yet another consultancy, and let me just say, if I NEVER have to talk about why I want to go into strategy/management consulting or how I ended up living in Dubai or what 17% of 86 is again, it's too soon. I'm pretty happy with the offer I've gotten from Nameless Schmancy Consultancy so continuing the process is a marginally moot point, but hey, I like neatly tied-up endings, so I can turn on the charm one last time. ;)

BEIRUT TOMORROW!