Saturday, May 10, 2008

This & That

1. Triathlizing is fun! And more importantly, freaking hard. Photos to come on Facebook but suffice it to say, I finished. And have a new respect for triathletes (esp. in 100F heat). Word.

2. Earnest Ivy League All-American flatmate D made us weekend breakfast this morning. Big deal, you say? Breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs, buttermilk pancakes, caffe lattes made in his Moka espresso pot (Schmom - LRK talks about the Moka all the time on Splendid Table - now I see why!), and best of all, listening to the latest To the Point podcast on his iPod speakers. It was the cutest, most civilized thing that I have done since living in Dubai, and if I wasn't going home to America in 10 days it would have made me WEEP for the nostalgia and earnestness of it all.

3. I booked tickets yesterday for The Trip to End All Trips with L.Soch this summer. He's coming to Dubai for 2 weeks so once I've showed him all the bedouins/Bentleys/bars he can stand, we're flying to Amman, crossing the King Hussein Bridge into the West Bank, spending a week in Palestine/Israel, and then crossing the border from Eilat into Egypt for a few days in Sinai, ending up in Sharm Al Sheikh where we'll fly back to Dubai via Kuwait. It. Is. Going. To. Be. Freaking. Awesome.

Happy Saturday night!