Tuesday, October 16, 2007

My Big Fat Ethiopian Wedding

My oh my. Ethiopia has come and gone, and what a fabulous trip it was.

The pictures tell the story - check them out on Facebook (not here, because uploading images to Blogger is more frustrating than trying to get charged a fair price by an Addis taxi driver). And as always, be sure to click through the individual photos for my witty captions. (Ha - because I apparently do not believe that a picture is worth a thousand words.)

Then after viewing the photos - and only after, so that you may understand the full context and background - you may watch the videos below (with sound, please). And then you may tell me that yes, truly this was the coolest travel experience I have ever had, and you now understand why I went to Ethiopia. (And you haven't even seen all the jewelry I bought.)

[Technical note for people like Schmom who might - no offense - be monkeys: if the videos are skipping, hit "pause" as they're downloading and wait until the grey bar gets all the way to the right before you hit "play" again. Also, this here device you're using is called the interwebs. It's a series of tubes.]