Sunday, November 2, 2008

On the Road Again

Sooooooooooooo. Tomorrow morning I fly out to Damascus to FINALLY start working with the client for my new project. For those of you who are counting, that makes two and a half months and two false starts (Saudi, Vietnam) before things have finally gotten rolling - but hey, such is life in this part of the world. I am super, super excited to be in Syria a lot over the next two months, although it's not exactly the best time to be there as an American working for a US firm... meh, what to do. I'll be too busy hammering out Powerpoint decks in my hotel room to get involved in any political intrigue.

It is, however, weird that I will be in Syria for the election. Anyone know any Yanks living in Damascus who can invite me to their results parties?!

Update on the running front: holy crap, I ran 18 miles tonight. And it didn't even suck! This, combined with 17 last week (which did suck, A LOT, because I accidentally forgot to eat any carbs in the 48 hours leading up to the run... shocking for someone who lives on a diet of pasta, instant noodles, and tortilla chips, I know), 15 the week before, and 12 the week before, means... wow, I'm actually training for marathons again. Who'da thunk it?! Less than a month to go until Beirut on the 30th, so we're right on track.