Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Germany Tomorrow!

Tomorrow afternoon I'm off to Munich for final rounds with A Nameless Schmancy Consultancy. Please, whatever it is you do for good vibes (praying, happy thinking, finger-crossing, butt-clenching) do it for me on Thursday from 8 AM - 3 PM European Daylight Time, as I really really really want this job.

(To avoid confusion - yes, it's for a position in Dubai - it just worked out with scheduling that it was easier for me to do the last interview in Europe - I may have been pissed about the chick who hit my car yesterday, but it'll take a lot more than cr@zy b!tches to make me disenchanted with the desert.)

Despite my best efforts to find a cheap/convenient way to meet up with friends in Bonn/London/Avignon, it's peak travel season on the continent and as such, I'm forgoing the weekend in Europe and heading straight back to DXB after the interview - so for those keeping track, that's 6.5 hours to Munich, 25 hours on the ground in Deutschland, and 6.5 hours back to Camelville.

There aren't enough trashy magazines in the world. Auf wiedersehen!