Wednesday, November 21, 2007

View From the Top

This morning I woke up, looked out the window, and felt for a second like I lived in San Francisco:
















It's been really foggy every morning this week, but today I couldn't see anything below the top of Emirates Towers... pretty cool, huh?




















The funniest part was that from my vantage point on the 39th floor, the sky was blue and the sun was shining - but then an elevator ride down and a step outside revealed that the "real world" below me was cloudy and sunless. I like the idea of inhabiting my own climate zone - like living in a rainforest canopy or something.

And while I'm at it, some other random pictures from lately...




















At R's friend Adel's engagement party.




















I wish that pictures could convey how incredibly sexy and cool everyone at this party was (including the lucky couple, above).















Someday, I will be Lebanese-Palestinian. And I will look that cool whilst being lifted up on people's shoulders at my engagement party, dancing with my husband-to-be to Nancy Ajram. And I will forget, just for a moment, how very white and Anglo-Saxon I am.




















Um... I'm dating a fitness model, what?!




















(At a certain point during the party, R and I slipped down to the lobby of Emirates Towers to check out his gym ad campaign... okay but no he's not an ACTUAL fitness model, he did it as a favor to a friend... and no, the earth isn't REALLY calling you...)















From our weekend in Abu Dhabi - the Sheikh Zayed Mosque, second-biggest mosque in the world (after Mecca) and home to the world's largest carpet. No, really.















View from our hotel pool deck - me feat. the SZ mosque.




















Inside the Emirates Palace Hotel in Abu Dhabi... if you recognize it, it's because it's featured in "The Kingdom" as a Saudi palace.