Sunday, August 12, 2007

The Surreal Life

Sorry to be such a bad updater but I checked out of my hotel and moved into the new flat last week and it's been a flurry of packing, unpacking, working, and the like.















Um... this is my move-in view. Doesn't it look like I live in some kind of crazy, cracked-out video game? (The twin buildings are Emirates Towers, where my company is headquartered; the one towards the right with the white pyramid on top is where M lives - we want to build a zipline across Sheikh Zayed Road connecting our apartments; the tall building between the two is the Burj "yes, I see 'history rising' from my window" Dubai.)















The (slightly) less cracked-out part of our view... out over Jumeira and Satwa to the Gulf.















Home sweet (crazy, post-modern, perfume bottle-shaped) home.















By our pool... and actually, this shot doesn't really do it justice. (But I hope it still makes you want to come visit.)















K's visit from Yemen.















Lawrence of Arabia-ing it out into the dunes for our desert picnic. (Yes, those are tiki torches... we don't mess around.)















With E in the desert, picnic-style.















Golf-carting it to the club with M.