Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Out With the Old, In With the New

No, don't worry, I'm not still on about the New Year - I may be tardy, but as a general rule I try to avoid being a day late and a dirham short.

Rather, the shift I'm referring to is out with the old flatmate, in with the new. With the departure of Flatmate E (peace be upon him) on Sunday night, enter #4: Flatmate P, an Aussie who seems perfectly nice (yellow Porsche Carrera aside - whhhhhhhhhy?!) but is just not Eric.

Anyhoo. I'm writing this from Syria and it's kind of nice to be back to Damascus, where I've quickly re-adopted my old October-December routine: up at 9 AM, work from 10-10, gym until about midnight, then room service and iTunes-downloaded American TV until 2 AM or so. Life is so pleasantly monastic in a country where you don't have friends or drama or socializing to distract you!

And on that note... 2 AM is, in fact, approaching, so with that I bid you farewell. If anyone would like to Gchat me tomorrow to commend me for being a good blogger and posting more than once a month, you are more than welcome to distract me from my busy day of, you know, promoting market economies via elaborate PPT slides and wolfing down entire Toblerones from my minibar in 4 bites or less. :)