Thursday, April 3, 2008

Aerosvit? Nyet.

In the spirit of blogging more:

I was just pricing tickets for a trip to America sometime in the next few months and the cheapest option that came up was to fly through Kiev on Aerosvit Airlines (or as my frient Atif who lived in Ukraine calls it, "Aeroshit").

Now, I'm sorry, I love the former Soviet Union and I know I'm supposed to be young and intrepid and foolhardy and everything, but please just glance at their website - you can't tell me you don't feel a little queasy thinking about spending 20 hours each way on what I can only imagine are rickety old Tupolevs. I kind of love the intrigue of it, but I kind of also love, you know, being alive.

That said, two follow-on questions -

(A) Where do I live that the cheapest way home is for me to fly through Ukraine?
(B) Where do I live that the cheapest way home is still USD $984?

Sigh.